Sunday, February 15, 2015

WHOOOOOOO loves a tutorial?

Good Morning Nerds!
I'm Kim and this is my first blog post over at Scrapbook Nerds.
I'm super stoked to share a cute little project tutorial with y'all!
I don't know about you but I love corrugated cardboard!
You can paint it, punch it out, even use it as a stamp...its so yummy to play with!!
Today I thought I'd use it to create this cute little guy.
I think this would be great fun to do with kids...
tutorial by Kim @ scrapbooknerd.com
You will need...
Corrugated cardboard
Scissors
Trimmer
Liquid adhesive
Small heart punch (optional)
Hole punch
Bling
Leaf punch (optional)
Bakers twine or thin ribbon
Use your trimmer to cut 6 strips of corrugated cardboard (12"x 0.5") I found that cutting it backside up made things much easier and didn't crush the paper. Roll 2 of the strips with corrugated side out. You will use these to make the eyes.
tutorial by Kim @ scrapbooknerd.com
Next roll the 4 strips with corrugated side out...one after another to create a larger roll for the body. I used liquid adhesive as I was rolling to keep roll tight. You can use an elastic to hold until the glue sets or just hold in your hand.
Glue the eyes to the top of the body.
Next I cut a small square and hole punched the middle. Then attach to the back of your owl so that the hole is accessible. Thread bakers twine or ribbon through hole to hang your owl.
tutorial by Kim @ scrapbooknerd.com
Cut eyebrows of your owl. I cut them freehand but you could use a
mustache die or punch as well.
tutorial by Kim @ scrapbooknerd.com
Next using a leaf punch punch cut the leaves from corrugated paper. You could also cut them freehand. Attach to the front of the 'body'.
tutorial by Kim @ scrapbooknerd.com
Punch small heart and add as nose.
Add bling as eyes. You could also use googly eyes! So cute!
Add him to a tag or gift and enjoy!!
tutorial by Kim @ scrapbooknerd.com
tutorial by Kim @ scrapbooknerd.com
Thanks for letting me share!
Be sure to share your owls by linking them back here. I'd love to see them!!
Waaaahhh-hoooooooooo!!
ScrapbookNerd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment